Do I Have to Choose?

Dream Job and All That

Hello everyone I hope that you are all feeling good, that you enjoyed yourselves this past week and that you are now full of positivity and happiness!This week, I was quite overwhelmed because I started searching for ideal universities and generally asking myself what I wanted to be in two years. I know that I might seem ridiculous because I'm only 16 and I will face my "big exams" in two years so I got plenty of time for that BUT... this wasn't the way that I thought of it so what is better that sharing with you my thoughts?
In Greece and in some countries of Europe at the age of 16 students must decide which education suits them better the scientific education or the theoretical one. This decision might seem as an easy one but for the people who are indecisive and they don't have a clue about their future job this is a hard one. Even though the majority of students have the answer there are still people who don't have one. To top it all if you choose the scientific education you have to make up your mind and choose between three fields!
Our educational system believes that it is right to let 16 and 17 years old teenagers decide what they want their future career to be. They think that we are too mature and that most of us have our life already planned. For me this is unfair because not everybody knows the answer to this question. I don't say that everyone is like me there a lot of people who are lucky enough to have chosen their field and even their career. They are people who have known the answer since they were 3 years old! 
Photographer-Comfreak
I certainly don't doubt them or their dreams I just believe that not everyone knows what path they want to follow and by pushing them to chose they might break. Since I was 12 years old my answer to that question would be that I want to become a lawyer just because I loved talking and defending others. Then I realised that I didn't want to follow this path, so I changed my career and I became an accountant, then a psychiatrist, a mathematician and the list goes on. My point is that every year my choice would be different and what I am actually afraid of is this! 
I am afraid of going to this field and after a while having regrets. I am very stressed about it because I don't want to regret anything in my life especially my path for my possible future.Maybe if there was actually help and not just curiosity from the teachers I wouldn't be too anxious or too panicked! I hope that you understand my point of view and I hope that I don't seem like a maniac!
Take care of yourselves and be optimistic

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις από αυτό το ιστολόγιο

Οι Καλοκαιρινές Ταινίες μου (part 1)

New hair, New me

Friends...